The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 3 million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment. For over two decades, the NRDC has worked in China as a thought leader and trusted adviser to our partners. With a highly effective team of more than 40 members based in our Beijing office, we have worked hard at both the national and local levels to recommend, develop, and support the implementation of innovative laws, policies, technologies, and market tools that curb pollution and accelerate China’s transition to a clean, low-carbon economy. NRDC's Beijing Representative Office is registered under the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau and supervised by the National Forestry and Grassland Administration of China in accordance with applicable laws.
NRDC is seeking a Project Manager, Climate Finance to work with the Environmental Law & Governance team in our Beijing office.
NRDC is seeking a Project Manager, Climate Finance to work with the Environmental Law & Governance Project (ELP) team in our Beijing office to promote climate finance policies, practices and innovative financial solutions in China. The Project Manager will be based in Beijing and a member of the China Program. He/she shall report to the Director of China ELP.
• Lead the implementation of cooperative projects to mobilize the development of climate finance in China; carry out project management, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Conduct independent or joint research on topics related to climate finance polices and practice, banking and financing approaches, products and tools that can mobilize the climate friendly transition of the financial industry;
• Draft work and project plans and reports, communications materials, blogs and other documents regarding the project;
• Work with the team on fundraising and partnership development; keep good cooperation with partners and maintain partnership network;
• Lead event planning and organization under the guidance of the supervisor and other relevant senior managers.
• Commitment to NRDC’s mission and values.
• A substantive background in China’s finance and banking polices and good understanding of climate and environmental issues;
• Master’s degree on finance, economics, or another relevant area.
• Above 5 years of relevant work experience. Experience in working with finance think tanks or NGOs is preferred.
• Excellent research, writing, communication, analytical and coordination skills.
• Fluency in oral and written English and Chinese.
• Demonstrated team working and interpersonal skills with colleagues and partners.
• Strong project management ability and ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
• Demonstrated commitment to nonprofit/public interest advocacy.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Due to the high volume of applications NRDC receives, we will only contact candidates we would like to progress through the search process. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes, or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.